My 2 cents on writing music and everything that goes on around it.

Original Soundtracks Ahoy! 21 Feb 2017 Hey! It's been a while since I've written a post here. A few weeks ago (early 2017) I noticed I hadn't spent any time on my site for almost six months, surely an indication that my mind was occupied elsewhere (as it happens, a honeymoon followed by a feature score project!).

I spent most of the autumn term 2016 working on the score for Retreat, a thriller directed by Tom Nicoll, a very warm-hearted Scottish director originally from the Kingdom of Fife. I really enjoyed working on Retreat with Tom, and he was a frequent visitor to the studio to discuss instrumentation, themes and detailed dramatic arcs. Retreat is now well on its way to completion, with my score done and the mix almost finished. It looks like a festival rollout is imminent for March/April 2017.

A post about the making of the score for Retreat will follow soon.

Oh No, Not Rudy Again! is now available on Spotify, Deezer etc.
I'm engaged in a bout of spring cleaning at the moment, both of my music and my online presence. Mostly I'm going through archive tracks and deciding whether or not certain pieces might benefit from reworking, or being published as soundtrack releases. I already have a number of soundtrack albums coming out on all digital platforms over the next few weeks, including the soundtracks to Oh No, Not Rudy Again, Queens of Syria, and when it's released, Retreat. Some of my short film scores will also be seeing the light of day, so look me up on Spotify/Deezer/Youtube/iTunes etc.

I've made a few changes to how this blog is viewed through the website. I'm enabling comments for the first time as the format will now allow for comment viewing without any complications. The site itself is also undergoing a little updating for the new year, with code being streamlined a bit to allow for faster loading on mobile devices.


Raincatcher Kickstarter Poster


Project-wise I'm feeling very international at the moment, as I'm working on a wonderful Chinese-language short film called Lasting Love, directed by Mandy Luo who I worked with before on her post-student short, Day and Night. Lasting Love is a gem of a story, a sweet story of love through the ages and the softie in me is having a great time. I'm also set to start with two delightful Italian-origin directors (Michele Fiascaris and Filippo Polesel) on Raincatcher, a scifi neonoir set at the iconic Barbican estate in London. At the time of writing Raincatcher just surpassed its £10k funding target on Kickstarter, a week early! Older Post Home Newer Post

READ MORE HERE: